The Olde Angel Inn – Niagara-On-The-Lake


The year is 1813, the location is the Harmonious Coach House, Niagara-On-the-Lake.  The American army is advancing on the town, and the British army has been ordered to retreat.  Throwing caution to the wind, a love-struck young British Captain (Colin Swayze) fearing that he would not see the love of his life again, makes his way to the coach house for one last rendezvous.  Unfortunately for him, it was not his sweetheart who came to the coach house that night, but an American patrol.  With nowhere to go, the British Captain ran to the basement and sought refuge in an empty barrel.  Regrettably, the patrol was thorough in their search, and proceed to thrust their bayonets into every sack and barrel on the property, including the one containing Swayze.    Mortally wounded, the captain cried out for his loved one before he perished.

But this would not be the last the world would see of Captain Colin Swayze.

The Harmonious Coach House, and most of the town of Niagara-On-The-Lake, was razed to the ground in December of 1813.  And, like the town, the coach house was rebuilt, but this time it was named ‘The Angel Inn’, now called ‘The Olde Angel Inn’.

It didn’t take long for Captain Swayze to make his presence known to staff and guests alike.  With numerous reports of the appearance of a ‘Red-Coated Man’ in the woman’s washroom, floating kitchenware, moving chairs and disembodied footsteps, the Angel inn became known as the most haunted inn in Canada.  A title it holds to this day.

The inn is the oldest operating inn in Ontario, and is located at 224 Regent St, Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada.

Niagara-On-The-Lake has a population of 17,511.

Joe Cairney

Joe Cairney

Co-Founder of Wellington County Paranormal Investigators (WCPI). Creator and Host of

Kommentar hinterlassen

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.